Millibar's line of FlexiGrip foam vacuum grippers are ideal for gripping products with surfaces that are uneven, textured and may have have missing sections due to geometry and voids. Each FlexiGrip has an integral dirt-tolerant venturi vacuum pump with straight-through silencer for quiet operation. There are 4 additional vacuum ports that may be used to attach vacuum switches and compressed air lines for part release for accurate and fast part placement. Easily mount a FlexiGrip to your robot using a Millibar Manual Tool Changer with -FG tool side.
Please see the images below with descriptions for the two types of FlexiGrip grippers ; Port and Valve Style
The foam is made from a custom blend of EPDM and has little to no memory and will instantly spring back to its expanded condition. It will not take a compression set. It is considered slightly open-cell allowing atmospheric air to migrate into the foam along the edges as well as cross-talk between interior ports. Foam service life is a common question and the answer is dependent on the motion involved in the application, the material being handled, atmospheric conditions (humidity, temperature), cycle rates and production schedules. A fair estimate is the foam will last 6 months of single shift, 5 day per week operation.
The replacement foam has a pressure sensitive adhesive to attach the foam to the face of the gripper. The custom adhesive liner allows an operator to remove the worn foam easily and completely without the need for scraping or excessive cleaning. After removing the worn foam, place the new foam onto the gripper being careful to align the ports. Turn on the vacuum source and set the gripper onto a flat surface to compress the foam to set the adhesive uniformly across the entire surface.
PORT vs. VALVE FLEXIGRIP FOAM VACUUM GRIPPERS
- Port grippers have a series of small orifices that limit the loss of vacuum should they be exposed.
- This style may be used in ALL orientations - horizontally and vertically.
- Operated in a similar manner to a suction cup - vacuum may be energized prior to approaching the product, decreasing cycle time.
- Requires 80% of the gripper surface to be covered by the product to maintain a secure grip.
- Valve gripper floating check ball valve technology automatically seals a port to prevent vacuum loss when port is not fully covered.
- Highly dirt-tolerant, allows debris to pass through the valve.
- Ideal for objects with voids, deep grooves and folds.
- Requires contact with part before vacuum is energized.
- Cannot be rotated past 90 degrees in the vertical.
- Slower reaction time than port grippers.
PORT STYLE FLEXIGRIP FOAM VACUUM GRIPPERS
PG-GR80 Replacement Foam
PG-GR100 Replacement Foam
PG-GS80 Replacement Foam
PG-GS120 Replacement Foam
VALVE STYLE FLEXIGRIP FOAM VACUUM GRIPPERS
VG-GR80 Replacement Foam
VG-GR100 Replacement Foam